Wednesday 17 August 2011

"Project Patchwork"

Yet again, I had a nosey in the box of fabric cuttings, it was growing again...!!!!

I am most certainly a 'hoarder' - something can always become useful. Over the months I have been realistic and parted with a lot of fabric pieces that were far too small to really do anything meaningful with - and so lots goes off to textile recyling to be shredded and made into new things.

BUT, some fabric pieces are far too nice and far too big to wave bye bye to and so... the cuttings stash has grown... and grown... and grown....

Determined to make use of the yummy prints and reduce the volume of 'stuff' in FizZy HQ, I have decided to start creating a Patchwork piece... I'm using all of the boy and gender neutral bits to 'grow' some patchwork! Its very random and I'm not using any kind of template or pattern, just sorting and sewing.

The aim is to keep on 'growing' it - not hard with all the fabric cutting I do (Thank You!) Once it becomes 'sizeable' I'll tidy it up, border cut it with plain colours if needed to create a square or rectangle and then back it all with some fleece to make a gorgeous bright throw/blanket/playmat - perfect for snuggling in with the kiddywinks, sitting on for storytime etc.

The plan is to update the blog as it's being created so you can see it grow... for now, it has just 'hatched'.... what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment